Are you a mobile developer or you own a business that owns mobile app? Then, you need to extend your app to the Blackberry App world. Blackberry creates a platform for you to distribute your applications and themes through its BlackBerry App World™ storefront. The BlackBerry App World is available in over 70 countries including Nigeria and supports 21 currencies and six languages. Moreover, this comes pre-loaded on new BlackBerry® smartphones. The good news is that both registration and submission come at $0 to you.
BlackBerry App World will help you to achieve the following:
- Increase monetization opportunities with in-app advertising and the ability to sell digital goods
- Understand the real-time status of your submissions by providing a transparent submission process
- Increase the discoverability of your apps with a range of ‘Top 25’ lists that end users can search on both the mobile and desktop storefront versions of BlackBerry App World
- Make it easy for end users to purchase your apps and digital goods by providing popular payment methods like PayPal®, credit card and direct to carrier billing (carrier dependent)
How do you submit your app?
The process is simple. To submit your app or theme to BlackBerry App World, you will first have to create a vendor account. Once your account credentials have been confirmed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to begin submitting your apps or themes. When submitting your app, be sure to include the following:
- Application name, description and icon or logo
- Category in which your app should be placed
- License type (free, paid or try and buy)
- Wireless service providers your app will be available to
- Countries where your app should be distributed
- Releases and file bundles
For more information on how to submit your application or theme to BlackBerry App World or learn how to register, visit the Blackberry Appworld registration page.
Image credit: flickr