The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Global Start-Up Challenge, aimed at giving promising start-ups an avenue to get noticed and compete for the opportunity to win some great rewards is back this year.
The challenge was launched in 2007 and has helped a number of start-ups get global recognition. This years’ challenge offers prizes including $100,000 in combined cash and credits for multiple winners, VC introductions, PR support, and more.
The entry period begins on September 14, 2012 and ends on November 9, 2012.
- Individuals or sole proprietors who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence and have the full legal capacity to participate in this contest at time of entry); or
- Privately held businesses that have not generated more than $10 million USD in gross annual revenues and no more than $10 million USD in outside funding.
What’s in it for you?
- Meet top investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, NEA, Accel and Madrona Venture Group.
- Get press and attention for your start-up from top tech outlets like TechCrunch and GigaOM.
- Receive cash and credits to build your business.
- Get expert input and advice on your start-up from the AWS executive team.
Prizes to be won:
One grand prize winner will be announced in each of the following categories:
- Big Data & High Performance Computing
- Consumer Applications
- Business Applications
Each grand prize winner will be awarded $50,000 in cash, $50,000 in AWS credits, and AWS Business-level support for one year and technical mentorship from Amazon Web Services. The remaining finalists in each category will receive $10,000 in AWS Credits and the remaining semi-finalists will receive $2,000 in AWS Credits. Also, all eligible entrants who submit a qualified entry into the contest will receive $25 in AWS Credits that will be issued at the conclusion of the contest.
Here is how to get started in three simple steps:
- To begin, go here and search for software.
- Learn about products, including pricing, support information, and customer reviews.
- Launch the product in your EC2 account with 1-Click or, for hosted SaaS software, visit the vendor’s website to sign up.
Are you ready to enter?
To begin, click on the link that applies to your region:
- For start-ups based in North, Central, or South America (including the Caribbean)
- For start-ups based in Asia Pacific
- For start-ups based in Europe, Middle East, or Africa
Detailed information on the contest can be found here
[image via Flickr/ mendhak]